Sunday, August 26, 2012

DIY Weekend Fun!


So this weekend I decided to tackle an awkward wall in our awkward bedroom. The bedroom is 15x8, it has one window that is off centered AND there is a vertical pole right by the off centered window. Needless to say, it is taking every creative bone in my body to figure out how to decorate this room. I know, first world problems. So...my nemesis has been a long, uninterrupted wall that measures 15 feet. At first, I though a gallery wall would be good but eventually decided on a faux mantle. Roll it!

We begin with a blank(ish) wall...

And then we painted some jars...


And then..


Voila! Sort of. The framed stuff is just a temporary earmark. I think I'm going to find a simple black and white stencil (maybe just Geoff and my initials on a white canvas). We'll see. It's a start!


No comments:

Post a Comment